During the interregnum the Reverend Rex Chapman provides pastoral guidance to the lay leadership and officiates from time to time.
St Ternan’s has a strong tradition of lay leadership and participation in all aspects of the life of the church community, including:
- There is a small team authorised to lead services, notably the services of Holy Communion using the form of Extended Eucharist.
- These are support by a team of authorised Eucharistic Ministers who administer the chalice at Communion.
- During our services lay people welcome arrivals, read lessons and lead intercessions. These duties are assigned through a rota.
- On Sundays after the mid-morning and evening services refreshments are served in the church hall enabling folk to meet.
- A team decorates the church for each Sunday with flowers. On special occasions, the altar has a display themed to the season.
- There is a team of Sacristans who set the altar and maintain the linens and elements.
- Volunteers keep the front garden neat and tidy ensuring that the “High Street” face of the church offers a welcome to all.
- Various people have taken the lead in maintaining the integrity of the church building, its facilities and its safety.